Thursday 12 June 2014

Greetings, adulthood!

I am a total novice in the blogging business, but I thought I'd give it a shot. I wanted to get back into some sort of writing because, as I'm sure is the case with many post-graduates out there, I am facing a rapid decline into existential crises. I'd say my short time after university has been successful in the sense that I have taken to my new found role as fully-fledged adult. I have a job and a flat (not necessarily the ones I want), but enough money to pay for food other than super noodles and toast (just about), and I have even joined the gym! However, I think it is safe to say that most twenty-something's would much rather crawl back into the comforting arms of 12pm start lectures on the blurred lines of sexuality. So what better way to placate that nostalgia than to begin blogging my thoughts on post-graduate life via The Pessimist Chronicles?

As someone who is keen to enter the world of magazine publishing, I am pleased to take my first steps with The Pessimist Chronicles and some of my favourite people by my side! I’m not overly confident that a significant amount of people will care what I have to say, but hopefully it will bring some sort of amusement and entertainment to a select few out there.

I do think of myself as a post-feminist and my dissertation was fairly unconventional, since instead of choosing to write about Keats or Shakespeare, I chose to write about sex ( I did include a bit of Jane Austen in there though!), which I’m sure I will share with you at some point on this blog. 

I imagine I am coming across as quite the stereotypical English lit student. Yes I did an English degree and enjoy feminist theory, but my blogs will not be super-opinionated, bra-burning feminist shit. In fact, it’ll probably be far less respectable than that. I regularly compare myself to Bridget Jones and I can have a tendency to over-share so my contributions to The Pessimist Chronicles could turn into more of a series of my own (most likely embarrassing) stories.

Enjoy!


Saz

No comments:

Post a Comment